Selling your own home. It's not as easy as you think...
1. You're asking how much?... Current trends are just one aspect of determining an asking price. Generally speaking, homeowners tend to view their home with biased opinions, thus, preventing an honest assessment of their property.
2. Wasting time and compromising safety. "For Sale By Owner" ads and signs invite everyone into your home without the critical screening provided by a REALTOR. Unqualified buyers can waste your time, not to mention the dangers of unscreened prospects. Don't risk it!
3. Buyers are often uncomfortable when having to negotiate directly with homeowners. Buyers want to feel good about their home purchasing decisions. It is much easier to speak frankly with a REALTOR than to risk insulting a sensitive owner.
4. Getting top dollar. Without the experience of a skilled negotiator, buyer and seller may not know when to accept or pullout of an offer. Negotiations on price and other related bargaining matters can put you and all parties involved in a tense situation. Leave it to a professional.
5. Oh, and did I mention financing? Securing a loan, locking in rates, points, term, type of mortgages, etc. should be left to the professionals. Rest assured that your REALTOR has your best interest at hand.
6. Experience makes the difference. Simply not knowing 'how' or 'why' can create a lot of unnecessary work, which often leads to costly mistakes. Avoid the hassle and headaches.
7. Getting the word out. "For Sale By Owner" ads and signs reach a limited number of prospects. The greatest percentage of homes are sold by using an experienced REALTOR who uses the Multiple Listing Service and also by word of mouth networking with other REALTORS.
8. Do you have all the right paperwork and forms to protect you legally? Knowing what documents and how to complete them is critical. You can not afford mis-filed or incomplete documentation when selling a home. Closing details, title searches can be a nightmare for the inexperienced seller.
9. The longer your home stays on the market, the harder it is to sell by anyone! A home that does not sell in a reasonable length of time raises a red flag in any prospects minds. Often the additional time you spend trying to sell your own home can create additional market objections for the REALTOR.
10. Are you sure you want to gamble? When selling your home you do not need surprises like a failed inspection, erroneous survey, miscalculated associated costs. Your home is worth much too much to risk it.
Call a professional NOW!! Call Vince.